Margaret and I set off into the smaller town center in search of pastry this morning. We stopped off first at the church in town we can see a short distance from our house. The attention to details and over the top nature of even a small town church is spectacular. Our shop didn’t have the pastries we sought, but the woman kindly informed me that my plan to visit Careno today was not a good one. She said the beach was beautiful but too small and we were better off a town in the other direction. The interaction was all in Italian and I will admit I was proud that I could at least comprehend what she was telling me.
After we returned back to the house, I realized I just didn’t feel like venturing out today. So instead we stayed in. The kids played card games, with me, and just with each other. We went swimming twice. Jane created Mermaid hide and seek which required the hider upon being found to say “Mermaid found me” while striking a stunning pose. George and his little sisters played rocket ship in the hammock, which let Margaret and I play Rummy uninterrupted. The littles doctored us up on couches. We let Margaret and George walk back to the shop for ice cream. (They couldn’t find anything George safe, so they did come back empty handed). It was a lovely day. We came for an extended time to be able to evaluate and pick and choose what we wanted to do and when we wanted to do it. Today was a perfect day to enjoy the simple pleasures that come from a summer day.











No comments:
Post a Comment